Recently, we’ve seen tremendous growth of new technologies. Areas like machine learning, AI, data science, etc. have now become important skills in the business world. Combine this with an unemployment rate of 1.9% for tech jobs, and more businesses face an IT skills gap–a shortfall between the supply of qualified IT professionals and the necessary IT skills.
Consider the following statistics:
- 76% of hiring decision makers say attracting quality candidates is their #1 challenge
- 75% of employers expect to hire more IT professionals this year than they did last year
- 70% admit there is a clear lack of digital skills in their organizations today
- 59% of IT leaders expect their firms to experience critical IT skills shortages over the next 12 months
- 42% of employers are worried they won’t be able to find the talent they need
- The average length of the job interview process in the US is 23.8 days
- The research firm, Forrester, found that while 75% of businesses have a digital strategy, only 16% claim to have the skills to deliver it
The big challenge facing IT executives: address this skills gap while staying current with the ever-changing tech trends. For any business, finding and keeping highly skilled employees and reducing hiring time are key components to increasing revenue and productivity.
What steps are you taking to ensure you are able to hire and retain the IT talent needed to make your business successful? In-house recruiting, training, and employee engagement initiatives? Partnering with a consulting firm? Something else?
For full survey results – Glassdoor HR & Recruiting Stats 2018
Eclaro provides IT recruiting & staffing services in the US and Canada, and global delivery services in the Philippines, and is equipped to help your company build high quality IT teams. Let us help you solve the puzzle of finding the right IT talent.